All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Merrythought. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, delete, distribute or post anything on this website for any purpose.
In order to make a purchase through the Merrythought website or to use some of the services or features made available to you on our website you will be required to register. When you register, you will be required to provide information about yourself including, but not limited to, your name, telephone number and email address, which is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. Should any of your registration information change in future you are required to amend your personal online account immediately. We may change registration requirements from time to time. Furthermore, when ordering items, you will be required to provide payment details and you represent and warrant that the payment details you provide on ordering are both valid and correct and you confirm that you are the person referred to in the billing information provided.
Every care has been taken in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular to ensure that the details, descriptions and prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing. All prices are displayed including VAT and exclusive of delivery charges. The total cost of your order is the price of the products ordered and delivery charges as set out in the delivery options section of this website.
While the colour reproduction is a close representation, every teddy bear piece is individual and variations in actual goods may occur.
You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point at which you click on 'Confirm Order' on the Shopping Bag page of our ordering process.
Delivery can be made to countries overseas as well as within the UK and Channel Islands. As our delivery service requires a signature, we are however unable to deliver to PO Boxes. For more information, see the Delivery page.
We will notify you by email as soon as possible to acknowledge receipt of your order and to provide you with an order number. If we are unable to fulfil your order following this acknowledgement, we will contact you by email or telephone advising you of this. Our acceptance of your order will take place upon despatch of the product(s) ordered.
We may not accept your order if we have identified a product or pricing error or if we are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment. Please note that we reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase by you at any time.
All items are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the goods you have ordered are not available.
You should inspect the products upon receipt and check that everything specified is included. You will be deemed to have accepted the order unless you notify us upon receipt that there is a problem or you cancel your order in accordance with your cancellation right and / or you return the goods in accordance with our Returns policy and procedure. If you fail to take such action, we are not obligated to accept any rejection by you of the goods at a later date.
We accept payment by credit and debit card. Payments will be taken and settled at order placement. You confirm that the credit or debit card being used is yours. Please note that all credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the issuer of the card. If the issuer of the your payment card refuses to pay or does not for any reason authorise payment to Merrythought, we will not be liable for delay or non-delivery of goods. We retain the legal ownership of all goods until full payment has been made by you and received by us and legal ownership of the goods will immediately transfer back to us if we refund any payment for the goods to you. Risk in the goods transfers to you upon delivery.
Please remember that when we accept your submitted order for goods on this website, there will be a legally binding contract.
Under the distance selling regulations you have the legal right to cancel your order within fourteen days of receiving the goods. However, please note that we are unable to cancel or accept returns of personalised items, unless faulty. Please see our Returns policy below for details on how to return an item to us. Your statutory rights are not affected.
If you are not completely satisfied with your order, or you believe it to be faulty or not as described, please notify us and return the item in its original condition within 30 days. We will then issue you with a refund or replacement.
Please return to the address below, and follow the advised instructions
The Merrythought Teddy Bear Shop
Sales Team - 01952 43 30 44
When returning a parcel, please ensure:
- The item(s) is packed well to ensure it arrives in its original state, and use the original packaging where possible.
- A letter with your dispatch note is enclosed detailing the order number, your address, contact details and reason for return. (This helps to process the return quickly.)
We will aim to process your refund or replacement as quickly as possible, usually within seven working days.
If you have any questions regarding your returned item please contact the Sales Team.
"Please be advised that we cannot be held responsible for items during transit and all returns will be sent at your own cost"
Return delivery charges are only refundable where goods are faulty.
Please be advised that Personalised products are not returnable unless faulty. This does not affect your legal rights.
- Valid online at www.merrythought.co.uk or The Merrythought Teddy Bear Shop, Ironbridge 01952 43 30 44 only
- Cannot be used to purchase another Online Gift Voucher
- Cash redemption value: 0.001p
- No cancellations are possible for fully or partially redeemed Vouchers
- Any unused balance will be placed in the recipient's online account and is not transferable.
- Outstanding order value must be paid via credit or debit card for any orders which exceed the remaining Voucher balance
- Any remaining Voucher balance will expire on the stated Voucher expiry date, 1 year after issue
- We regret that we are unable to extend Voucher expiry dates or re-issue replacements for any part of an expired Voucher balance
- Unless you specifically request otherwise, your entire order value will be refunded as Account Credit for refunds against orders containing Gift Voucher payment, even if the original order only contained partial payment by Gift Voucher
- We reserve the right to cancel Online Gift Vouchers and remove any remaining Gift Voucher balance for orders which we believe to be fraudulent or if we believe the Online Gift Voucher has been purchased fraudulently
- Activity we believe to be fraudulent will result in your order being cancelled and may result in your online account being permanently disabled
- Personalised items are non-returnable (unless faulty).
- Images featured online are of an individual product; our bears are handmade and embroidered, so the finished product may vary in colour and layout.
- Personalisation will be embroidered exactly as you enter it, so if you type CHARLIE in capitals, for example, your piece will be decorated this way.
- If you require a specific layout please contact us on 01952 43 30 44* upon ordering so that we can request this with the teddy bear makers** (please email a message if contacting us out of hours stating your name, order number and contact details). Please be aware that personalised orders usually take 3 -5 working days to dispatch but can take up to 10 working days for delivery and that we are unable to amend or cancel personalised orders due to the specific nature of each piece.
- Excluded from next day delivery
*General Enquiries Opening Hours: 10.00am to 5.00pm every day.
** We will do what we can to personalise the piece as requested, but some may be unachievable as a result of the hand-making process.
Merrythought is the trading name of Merrythought Ltd.
Registered office: Ironbridge, Telford, Shropshire TF8 7NJ
Registered number: 250646 (England), VAT number: 771596493.
Place of registration: Companies House.
Merrythought does not disclose any information relating to their customers to any other organisation for marketing purposes.
You will be asked to register your name, address, telephone number and email address. This information allows for monitoring the progress of orders and updating customers about order status. Once you have completed registration your information will be stored in ‘My Account’ and you can change your personal details in there at any time. Merrythought is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Any information collected will be used solely for the purposes expressed at the time they are provided. Information will not be sold, traded or rented, nor shared with third-parties.
We will only use the information you provide to process your order. You will also hear from us if you register for the Merrythought Newsletter which will provide information on new products, offers and information on web exclusives. This will only come from Merrythought and only if you have indicated that you wish to receive these emails.
This website may contain links to other websites. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies of other websites even if you access them using links from our website and we recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit.